We are looking for a new Website Assistant to join our friendly but small team, and be an integral part of the website department. Please note this is not a coding or programming role, it is mostly customer service and admin based. Being a school uniform based business it is very specialised in that it requires the staff to retain a lot of knowledge about each school, and all other products we sell. Therefore, the ability to retain lots of information and quickly, is essential.
Role: Our Website Assistants must be knowledgeable, focused and driven to succeed. Previous Retail experience is preferred, but not essential. We will consider applicants that don't have previous retail experience, as long as they can show a strong work ethic, good attitude and initiative. They must also have strong computer skills.
This role is Full Time and permanent based at our store in Central Croydon. The start date is not fixed, but we do require someone to start ASAP. The hours are 37.5 hours per week, 5 days a week. The stores opening hours are 9:30am-5:30pm Monday-Saturday. We are always CLOSED on Sundays and you will get one day off between Monday & Saturday. Therefore, you will be expected to work at least every other Saturday. You will accumulate 20 days holiday over a calendar year and get all bank holidays off, other than August (as this is our busiest time of the year). But you will be paid overtime for it.
- Printing, picking, packing and updating orders placed online.
- Dealing with customer queries via phone and email.
- Completing admin tasks, such as posters, labels, producing a list for out of stock orders for customers, filing, price lists, stock counts and ad-hoc tasks as requested.
- Dealing with faulty stock and contacting manufacturers for credits.
- Putting orders back to stock when uncollected and processing loyalty vouchers.
- Maintaining the back end of the website - deleting and editing products (full training will be provided)
- Assisting other departments, such as sending out invoices and updating attendance sheet templates or recruitment (job ads, not interviewing).
- Covering on shop floor during staff shortages or selling at schools in Summer periods (some face to face customer interaction)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Polite, friendly and a team player (web team is a very close knit unit, who must work together to get orders done)
- Good telephone manner and written communication
- Well spoken English - we welcome applicants of all backgrounds but you must be able to clearly communicate with customers and staff members in English. Being able to speak multiple languages is always a plus, as we have customers from all backgrounds.
- Self motivated, driven and enthusiastic
- Helping with adhoc duties as needed (there is no such thing as 'that's not my job' at Hewitts, we all pitch in)
- Previous experience in a similar role is a plus, but ability to demonstrate capability is more important
- Good computer knowledge including Microsoft programmes
- Ability to work independently without much instruction
- Understanding of Social Media and current trends
- Fast learner
There are a lot of stairs, and no elevators are Hewitts. So you must feel you are physically fit enough to do the role justice.
The web team are located at the top of the store, so you will need to go up and down the stairs to pick orders multiple times a day.
This job is fast paced and hectic at times, but you can make a lot of close friends in a short period of time. As we all have to work together to succeed.
If you think this is the right fit for you, then please apply with your CV and a cover letter. We'd love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome application from all ages, genders, sexual orientations and backgrounds.
Hewitts is an equal opportunities employer.
Our employees range from 25 to over 70, age is but a number!
HEWITTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THIS AD EARLY IF A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT IS FOUND, INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD AS AND WHEN SUITABLE CANDIDATES APPLY.